Sunday, July 26, 2009

Make a quick baby dinner!

When I had my first baby, I didn't bother to make my own baby food. I really thought I was too busy (I work full time) and I was at a loss for what to even make. We had received this hand held mixer for a wedding present and we barely used it. For three years, it sat in a drawer, only using it once in a great while. Now with my little one - I decided to try my hand at making his baby food. Don't get me wrong: I still buy some baby food. However, most of the time I make his. There are two products that I use and highly recommend:
Braun MR5550CA Multiquick Professional Hand Blender, White
and
KidCo Baby Steps Food Mill, with Carrying Case , 1 food mill

I use the baby food grinder for grinding up oatmeal (baby oatmeal is a waste of money in my opinion and doesn't have all the nutrients) or blueberries and other fruits with skin. I used the hand blender for everything else: making applesauce or pear sauce, blending pastas, potatoes or anything else your baby might like!

No comments:

Post a Comment